Documents & Announcements
ClinGen Education and Training Opportunities
Here is a summary of ClinGen’s educational resources and training opportunities.
- ClinGen Biocurator Educational Materials Page
- The ClinGen Biocurator Working Group aims to provide biocurators with continuing education on salient topics in gene and variant curation. The Biocurator Educational Materials page is a publicly available resource with recorded presentations from the ClinGen Biocurator Working Group calls.
- ClinGen Resource YouTube Channel
- On ClinGen’s YouTube Channel you can find a collection of educational and training videos. Subscribe to ClinGenResource on YouTube to receive updates about new videos.
- Volunteer to curate for ClinGen!
- Complete a survey about your interests, expertise, and desired level of involvement so we can pair you with an appropriate curation activity and/or Expert Panel. Background training within your assigned curation activity will be provided. These training sessions are held quarterly.
- ClinGen Curation Activities Training Materials
- All ClinGen curation activities training materials are available whether or not you volunteer as a biocurator. Please note, if you are interested in joining an Expert Panel or Working Group as a curator, you must take the volunteer survey listed above.
You may also be interested in educational opportunities available at ClinGen grantee insitutions:
- Biocuration Bootcamp (Baylor College of Medicine)
- This online short course is a project-based introduction to biocuration and intended for upper-level college or new graduate students.
- It features 6 topics and runs from July 6th - Aug 12th, with online classes M and W at 2pm PST / 4pm CST / 5pm EST, and a weekly curation project.
- The topics are as follows: Phenotypes/Ontology, Gene Curation, Variant Curation, Somatic Cancer Curation, Structural Variation Curation and Citizen Science / Community Curation.
- This course is being conducted for students at Baylor College of Medicine who had in-person summer laboratory programs disrupted or altered due to new COVID19 safety protocols and/or travel limitations. Additional spaces are available until filled.
- Please contact Debra Murray at email@example.com for more information.
Date June 3, 2020