If you've had genetic testing, please send us a copy. We use this report to collect important information about the genetic changes that may be listed there.
Do I have to have access to my genetic results or enter my own genetic information to share it?
- We do not ask participants to enter their genetic information but we do request that a photograph or scanned copy of the original genetic test report be uploaded by the participant into their GenomeConnect account.
- A trained professional enters the data from the report into a uniform system for de-identifying and sharing the genetic information.
How do I upload my genetic test report?
- Watch our short video on how to upload your report! Here are some tips on how to upload your report:
- We accept genetic test reports in many electronic file types, including pdf, doc, xls, and jpg. The file name cannot include special characters. Please make sure all four corners and all pages of the report are included when you submit it.
- If you only have a paper copy of your report, you can take a picture of it with your smartphone or use a scanner (at home, at a library, or at an office store near you) to turn your paper copy into an electronic version. You also can use a cell-phone camera or smartphone apps to turn your paper copy into an electric version.
- Once you have an electronic version of your report, you can log in to your personal portal account and click “Add” in the “Testing Results” section. Select attachment type of “Genetic Testing Report” and select the saved file from your device.
What if I do not have a copy of my report?
- Watch our short video on how you can get a copy of your report. Here are some tips on how to obtain a copy:
- If you do not have a copy of your report, contact us at email@example.com we may be able to help you get one.
- If a healthcare provider ordered testing, you also can reach out to them to request a copy of your report.
- If you remember the name of the laboratory that completed your testing, you also can contact them directly.