Kidney Disease CDWGExpert Panels Membership
The ClinGen Kidney Disease Working Group aims to create a comprehensive, standardized knowledge base of genes and variants relevant to kidney genetic and genomic medicine.
- Identify and recruit kidney disease domain experts who are willing and able to participate in projects including but not limited to gene and variant curation.
- Curate and adjudicate genes associated with kidney disease using ClinGen's Gene Curation Working Group's "Clinical Validity Classifications."
- Develop and implement variant curation processes for kidney disease genes.
- Establish groups with Expert Panel status for variant submission to ClinVar.
- Define the phenotypic and other data that are needed to assess pathogenicity (e.g., functional assays, histopathology) in kidney diseases.
- Disseminate expert consensus gene and variant curations via ClinVar, ClinGen’s website, and publications.